Violin Sizing Page
VIOLIN: How to Measure Your Arm Length
- Extend left arm to the side of your body. Be sure arm if straight and parallel to the ground.
- Place the tape measure in the center of the palm and extend to the neck.
- Notate measurements in inches and see chart below.
WHAT NOT TO DO:
- Do not extend your arm in front of you, it must be to your side.
- Do not bend elbow! We don't need any wiggly arms!
*Bending your arm, or bringing your arm to the front will cause your measurements and overall instrument size to be incorrect. This could lead to the musician being uncomfortable with an instrument that is either too small, or too large.
Note: If you are in between sizes, it is strongly recommended to choose the smaller instrument.
14" = 1/16 Violin
15.5" = 1/10 Violin
17" = 1/8 Violin
18.5" = 1/4 Violin
21" = 1/2 Violin
22" = 3/4 Violin
23" = 4/4 Violin